Volunteers are interviewed prior to acceptance and are required to successfully pass (or provide copies of currently completed) criminal background checks, child abuse clearances, and, if applicable, FBI fingerprinting. Please see the Somerset County Library Volunteer Handbook at http://somersetcolibrary.org/documents/sclVolunteerHandbook.pdf for additional information.
Somerset County Library is currently accepting applications for the following volunteer positions:
- 2017 Summer Learning and Summer Food Service Volunteers
- Please apply by completing the form at http://somersetcolibrary.org/sclSummerLearningProgram2017-VolunteerApplication.pdf and returning it to the library’s administrative office.
- Guest instructors for STEAM Rollers and STEAM Team Clubs for ages 5-8 and 9-12 respectively, meeting every Monday night at 6 PM.
- To apply, send you name, contact information, and description of your specific interests and qualifications related to the volunteer position to the Administrative Office using the Contact Us form at http://somersetcolibrary.org/about/contact-us/ Please use “Volunteer Guest STEAM Instructor” in the subject line.
- STEAM stands for science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics. Thanks to grants from the Benjamin Bosler Fund of the Community Foundation for the Alleghenies, the Somerset County Community Fund of the Community Foundation for the Alleghenies, the Walmart Foundation, and the Institute of Library and Museum Services as administered by the Office of Commonwealth Libraries through the Library Services and Technology Act’s grants to states program, and donations from local organizations and individuals, the Library has access to a wide variety of STEM educational resources and curricula for use in workshops, classes, and STEAM Clubs.
- Volunteer “LittleBits Inventors” who are willing to attend training and assist in implementation of a LittleBits Global Chapter (the volunteer position requires a minimum 1 year commitment with a minimum of 4 hours of up-front training time, 2 hours of instructional/facilitation time spent per month, plus time to prepare for the instruction/facilitation).
- To apply to become a “LittleBits Inventor”, send you name, contact information, and description of your specific interests and qualifications related to the volunteer position to the Administrative Office using the Contact Us form at http://somersetcolibrary.org/about/contact-us/ Please use “Volunteer LittleBits Inventor” in the subject line.