Date(s) - 07/17/2017
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Somerset County Library - Main
Class space is limited to 18 participants. Registration form: http://somersetcolibrary.org/documents/robotSummerCamp2017.pdf
Electronics & Robotics campers will apply skills in science, technology, engineering, art and math through hands-on exploration, tinkering and inventing using electronic gadgets, gizmos, computer circuit boards, household items, and tiny smart robots that you program using color codes that you draw on paper or send through a computer as flashes of light.
Learn basic robotic, electrical, and programming concepts. Make motors whir, lights blink, and buzzers ring. Invent new gadgets and gizmos by connecting electrical components and household items. Draw a maze and program a robot to spin and turn its way through it.
A hot lunch will be provided through the USDA Summer Food Service Program.
Free Advanced Registration Required!
Some STEAM items used in the Electronics & Robotics Summer Camp were purchased with funds from:
- A Fall 2016 grant from the Somerset County Community Fund of the Community Foundation for the Alleghenies.
- A Spring 2016 grant from the Benjamin Bosler Fund of the Community Foundation for the Alleghenies
- A 2016 Walmart Community Grant to the Somerset County Federated Library System
- A 2016 donation from Somerset Welfare League
- 2016 LSTA funds administered by the Office of Commonwealth Libraries and granted to the Johnstown Library District
- A 2016 donation from the Somerset Exchange Club
- Donations from individuals in the community.
Some STEAM items used in the Electronics & Robotics Summer Camp were borrowed from:
- Cambria County Library
- The Johnstown Library District Center
- Somerset County Federated Library System
- Meyersdale Public Library
Reservations are closed for this event.
Powered by Events Manager